Installment Payment Plan
Taxpayers may choose to pay their property taxes quarterly by participating in an installment payment plan.
- To be eligible for the program, the taxpayers’ estimated taxes must be in excess of $100.00.
- The first installment payment must be made by July 31. Failure to make the first installment payment will automatically cancel the participant from the plan, and the taxpayer will be required to pay the taxes due, in full by March 31.
- Payments must be made quarterly when tax notices are mailed out by our office in June, September, December and March.
- Participants are automatically re-enrolled in the plan and do not have to fill out an application each year.
Plan Payment Schedule
- 1st Installment: ¼ of the prior year’s taxes discounted 6%. Payment due by June 30 to receive discount. Payments made after June 30 and before July 31st will receive no discount.
- 2nd Installment: ¼ of the prior year’s taxes discounted 4.5%. Payment due by September 30.
- 3rd Installment: Current tax liability less the 1st and 2nd installment payments divided by 2, discounted 3%. Payment due by December 31.
- 4th Installment: Current tax liability less the 1st, 2nd and 3rd installment payments, no discount allowed. Payment due by March 31.
Any changes to ownership, value, or exemption(s), will be reflected in the final two bills.
Installment Application Information
The application form will be available online beginning November 1 for the following year's tax through April 30 of the applying year. Applications must be submitted to our office no later than April 30 of the applying year.
Our office will send out the first installment tax notice in June of the applying year. If you do not receive a tax notice in June, please contact our office immediately at 863-402-6685 or by email at TCInfo@hctaxcollector.com.