Taxpayers may choose to pay their property taxes quarterly by participating in an installment payment plan. To be eligible for the program, the taxpayers’ estimated taxes must be in excess of $100.00. You may submit your application in the following manners:
- Search for your account(s) and click on the “Apply for Installment Plan” link . Complete the required fields and click “Submit”. You will receive an email confirmation that you must click on “Confirm Installment Payment Plan” in order to finalize your application process.
- Complete the fillable pdf application and submit it by email to email@example.com, fax to 863-402-6697 or by mail to 540 S. Commerce Ave, Sebring, FL 33870. Application forms are available November 1st for the following year’s tax and must be submitted by April 30th of the applying year.
- You may call 863-402-6685 to request an application be mailed to you or you may pick up an application at any office locations.
The installment Example & Calculator provides a sample of how the installment plan arrives at your quarterly payment amounts and provides you with an option to estimate your personal payment.
The plan requires that the first installment must be made no later than June 30th to receive a discount. Payments accepted after June 30th, but before July 30th, are not discounted, and will include a 5% penalty. Failure to make the first payment will automatically cancel the participant from the plan, and the taxpayer will be required to pay the taxes due, in full by March 31st.
Upon meeting the first installment deadline, the taxpayer is then obligated to participate in the program for the entire year. Discounts do not apply to delinquent payments. Any amount remaining unpaid on April 1st is treated as a delinquent tax bill.
The following payment schedule applies to the installment plan:
1st installment: 1/4 the total of estimate taxes discounted 6%.
Payment due by June 30th.
2nd installment: 1/4 the total estimated taxes discounted 4.5%.
Payment due by September 30th.
3rd installment: 1/4 the total estimated taxes plus 1/2 of any adjustment made for actual tax liability, discounted 3%.
Payment due by December 31st.
4th installment: 1/4 of the total estimated taxes plus the remaining 1/2 of any adjustment for actual tax liability. No discount applies.
Payment due by March 31st.
Taxpayers participating in the installment payment plan are automatically re-enrolled each year and do not have to fill out a new application. The first 2 installments are based upon the existing tax bill. Any changes to ownership, value, or exemption(s), will be reflected in the final 2 bills.
Method of Payment for Current Taxes:
- Personal or Company check, providing payment is received on or before May 31st.
- By telephone or online if paying by credit card.
- Wire transfer.
- ACH Upon Completion of the attached application, funds will be withdrawn from your designated account on the date specified on the application. The date(s) funds are withdrawn are determined by whether or not you are enrolled on the installment payment plan.